Rhos-on-Sea Cycling Club hosts a series of Time Trials every year. Our Time Trials are designed to encourage novices and seasoned riders and are open to all clubs to race in the series.
Time Trials are a great way of improving your cycling speed and the friendly, competitive atmosphere really makes it a lot of fun too. All rules & sign-on locations are listed below the time trials list.
Rhos also participates in inter-club TT events such as the Gwynedd Cycling Association
Time Trials will start on Thursday 6 May 2021, operating with Covid 19 rules: Max of 26 riders; no ‘gathering’; appropriate social distancing at all times; pre-booking; no pusher.
The Rhos on Sea CC TT events for 2021 are listed in the table below. During Covid restrictions, we revert to using only the Valley 10 mile TT route. Pre-booking is via the eventbrite booking system, link : https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/rhos-on-sea-cc-time-trial-tickets-149827992559 Payment is at sign-on, using contactless card or the correct cash. Further updates will be provided here on the webpage and on Facebook.
We are working to provide events for women, designed by women. Want to contribute? We’d love to hear your ideas. Email email@example.com or Message me on Facebook.
Non-club members are welcome to join our TT events too. You can test and try twice, after which you need to make sure you become a member of Rhos, or a member of any other CTT affiliated Club. We hope you consider joining the club.
Rhos on Sea CC are committed to inclusion and diversity. The club encourages participation by all groups in competitive and social events. All Club events recognise and distribute rewards equally between competitors.
Please note: It is now a CTT rule for all competitors to have a working rear red light. Rhos also strongly recommends a working bright front light. Please click on the link below to read Guidance Note 24 for further information. https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/documents/index/guidance
|Date||Distance||Course||Sign-on||Start Time||League Points|
|6 May||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||18:30||✓|
|13 May||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|20 May||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|27 May||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|3 June||10 miles||Energy Guest Evening|
D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)
|6 June||Hill Climb -TBC||Great Orme ZigZags D25/0|
Great Orme Rest and be thankful
|10 June||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|17 June||10 miles||Club Champs D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|20 June||10 miles Open - TBC||Open D10/15 A55 (view course)||St Asaph A55 (view)||7.00||✓|
|24 June||10 miles||Ladies Guest Evening|
D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)
|1 Jul||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|08 July||15 miles||D2/14 Conwy Valley (view course)||Llanrwst (view)||19:20||✓|
|15 July||10 miles||GOG Guest Evening D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|22 July||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|29 July||Nebo Rd Hill Climb||D600/3||Llanrwst School Lane||19:00||no|
|05 Aug||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|12 Aug||15 miles Club Champs||D2/14 Conwy Valley (view course)||Llanrwst (view)||19:20||✓|
|19 Aug||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|26 Aug||10 miles 2-UP||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||18:30||no|
|02 Sep||10 miles||Pete Roberts Ride|
D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)
|09 Sep||Hill Climb||Club champs Llanrwst Hill (view course)||Llanrwst (view)||18:30||no|
- Rhos-on-Sea Cycling Club members: £4
- All other Cycling Club members: £5
- Any newcomer to cycling who wishes to take part: £5
- All Rhos juniors (under 18): Free!
- All non-Rhos juniors (under 18): £3
Sign-on and payment
- Booking arrangements will be confirmed once we know if we have any Covid restrictions. In the meantime you can express your interest by emailing Toto on firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Facebook.
Helmet and lights
- All Club events are run according to CTT regulations.
- All riders must have a working ‘bright’ red rear light for all Time Trials.
- All riders are strongly encouraged to wear a helmet
- All riders are strongly encouraged to have a bright front light.
- All Juniors must wear a helmet and have a bright red rear light.
Latest information and Covid update
- Open to all clubs, no entry fee to the leagues.
- There are two leagues consisting of a TT bike league and a non-TT bike league. So the only rule to determine which league you are in is; if you have TT bars on your bike, you are in the TT bike league.
- ✓ = League Points available. Where points are unavailable, it may be because the event clashes with an Open event.
- The series of Time Trials are run over the season and it’s your best 14 scores plus 1 marshalling duty which you get average points for. Please note, that only 1 marshalling duty point goes towards the average, regardless of how many times you choose to marshal during a season.
- 50 points awarded for 1st place and decreasing in increments of 1 point per place. (49 points for 2nd, 48 points for 3rd etc).
Marshals & Timekeepers
- All our marshals and timekeepers are experienced in hosting time trials, but please be considerate as they are volunteers.
- If a marshal position is a no show, all rider numbers will go into a hat and the rider that is chosen to marshal will ride for free at their next Time Trial. If there are no marshals, then there’s no race so please be prepared to help out.
- A very useful Timekeeper re-fresher PDF has been compiled and can be downloaded at the following link: TT_Presentation PDF
- A clear guide on how to use stop watches during the Time Trials can be downloaded at the following link: StopWatch_Instructions
- The Rota can be viewed at the link below. Please contact Toto if you’d like to volunteer for a time trial marshaling/timekeeper duty:
The Marshal & Timekeeper Rota is on a google docs site, and is kept up to date.
Conwy Valley – D16/10, sign-on location
(Bodnant Foods Lower Car Park LL28 5RP):
Llanrwst – D2/14 & D1/22 & Llanrwst Hill Climb, sign-on location:
A55 – D15/10 & D25/9,
2019 Time Trial Results
The time trial results for the 2020 season will be displayed at the link below and kept up-to-date every week.
Time Trial Results Archive
The final time trial results for previous years have been collated by Chris Pritchard. You can download PDFs of the results at the links below: