Rhos-on-Sea Cycling Club hosts a series of Time Trials every year. Our Time Trials are designed to encourage novices and seasoned riders and are open to all clubs to race in the series.
Time Trials are a great way of improving your cycling speed and the friendly, competitive atmosphere really makes it a lot of fun too. All rules & sign-on locations are listed below the time trials list.
Rhos also participates in inter-club TT events such as the Gwynedd Cycling Association
COVID-19 UPDATE: Time Trials are now back on, with some restrictions
Cycling Time Trials (CTT) advised Welsh Clubs on the 18th July that we could now start time trials, subject to some modifications and a comprehensive Covid Risk Assessment. We are limited to a max of 30 people at the event, including timekeepers, marshals and riders: this means 25 riders max. Strict social distancing must operate at the carpark, start, during the ride and at the end, for riders, timekeepers and marshals. Booking will be in advance, first come first serve. A comprehensive set of rules based on the CTT RA and guidance has been compiled for Rhos. Riders should be ‘self contained’ in case of any mechanical problems, and are strongly recommended to carry a mobile phone. Please read the Rhos on Sea Cycling Club TT-covid-guidelines.
The remaining events are Valley 10 miles D10/16, meeting at Bodnant Food Centre lower carpark. The last event is Llanrwst Hill Climb 24/0, meeting at Glasdir carpark in Llanrwst.
A new regulation was voted in at last year’s Cycling Time Trials National Council and it is now compulsory for all competitors to fix a working rear red light to their machine in all CTT events, both open and club. In addition, Rhos strongly recommends a working bright front light.
Please click on the link below to read Guidance Note 24 for further information on this matter. https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/documents/index/guidance
Liverpool District have produced 2 new Local Regulations for 2020.
The first local regulation gives the Time Keeper the ability to disqualify riders who are seen to make a U Turn in the vicinity of the start area, as reported by the starting steward or other official. https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/get-file/153-local-regulations.
The second regulation allows the Club to enforce the wearing of arm numbers. Rhos on Sea CC does not use arm numbers at any Club or Open events, but riders should be prepared to do so if asked at other non-Rhos local TTs.
Open TT events effectively cannot be held in Wales, due to the Covid restriction of a HQ not being allowed, and the limit of 30 people at any organised event.
|Date||Distance||Course||Sign-on||Start Time||League Points|
|16 April||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||18:30||✓|
|23 April||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||18:30||✓|
|26 April||32 miles hilly||Pre-Entry D32/1||Pre-entry: Mid-Shropshire event||09:00||no|
|30 April||10 miles||GOG guest evening, D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|3 May||Hill Climb||D26/0 Great Orme Rest and Be thankful||Great Orme Pier Car Park||10:00||✓|
|7 May||15 miles||GCA event, Pre-entry D2/14 Conwy Valley (view course)||Llanrwst (view)||19:20||✓|
|10 May||50 Miles||Club Champs, Pre-entry D50/4||TBC Mid Shropshire Wheelers||TBC||✓|
|14 May||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|21 May||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|26 May||15 miles||GCA Event, Pre-entry||TBC, Anglesey Cycling Group||TBC||TBC|
|27 May||GOG Hill Climb||GOG event D25/0 Great Orme ZigZags||Great Orme Pier Carpark||TBC||no|
|28 May||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|4 June||10 miles||Energy Guest Evening|
D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)
|7 June||Hill Climb||Great Orme ZigZags D25/0|
Great Orme Rest and be thankful
|11 June||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|18 June||10 miles||Club Champs D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|23 June||10 miles||GCA Event, Pre-entry||TBC, Madoc||TBC||TBC|
|24 June||GOG Hill Climb||GOG event, D26/0 Rest and be thankful||Great Orme Pier Carpark||TBC||no|
|25 June||10 miles||Ladies Guest Evening|
D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)
|28 June||25 miles||Club Champs D25/9 A55 (view course)||St Asaph A55 (view)||07:00||✓|
|2 July||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|09 July||15 miles-TBC||TBC D2/14 Conwy Valley (view course)||TBC Llanrwst (view)||TBC 19:20||✓|
|09 July||GCA event?||GCA event||GCA event||TBC||TBC|
|12 July||10 miles||Open D10/15 A55 (view course)||St Asaph A55 (view)||07:00||✓|
|16 July||10 miles||GOG Guest Evening D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||✓|
|23 July||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||no|
|30 July||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||no|
|06 Aug||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||no|
|13 Aug||10 miles Club Champs||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||no|
|20 Aug||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||19:00||no|
|27 Aug||10 miles||D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)||Bodnant (view)||18:30||no|
|03 Sep||10 miles||Pete Roberts Ride|
D10/16 Conwy Valley (view course)
|10 Sep||Hill Climb||Club champs Llanrwst Hill (view course)||Llanrwst (view)||18:30||no|
- Rhos-on-Sea Cycling Club members: £4
- All other Cycling Club members: £5
- Any newcomer to cycling who wishes to take part: £5
- All Rhos juniors (under 16): Free!
Sign-on and payment
- Please book and if possible pay in advance. We are considering using a professional booking system, but in the meantime contact Toto on email@example.com or via Facebook Messenger.
- You will be allocated your rider number in advance. Please report to the time keeper at the carpark on arrival and check your emergency contact details, as well as your contact details (for Covid19 records). You will be issued with your rider number which will be sanitised.
- Please remember numbers for each Time Trial are limited to 25 while Covid Risk assessment. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Helmet and lights
- All Club events are run according to CTT regulations.
- All riders must have a working ‘bright’ red rear light for all Time Trials.
- All riders are strongly encouraged to wear a helmet
- All riders are strongly encouraged to have a bright front light.
- All Juniors must wear a helmet and have a bright red rear light.
Latest information and Covid update
- Open to all clubs, no entry fee to the leagues.
- There are two leagues consisting of a TT bike league and a non-TT bike league. So the only rule to determine which league you are in is; if you have TT bars on your bike, you are in the TT bike league.
- ✓ = League Points available. Where points are unavailable, it may be because the event clashes with an Open event.
- The series of Time Trials are run over the season and it’s your best 14 scores plus 1 marshalling duty which you get average points for. Please note, that only 1 marshalling duty point goes towards the average, regardless of how many times you choose to marshal during a season.
- 50 points awarded for 1st place and decreasing in increments of 1 point per place. (49 points for 2nd, 48 points for 3rd etc).
Marshals & Timekeepers
- All our marshals and timekeepers are experienced in hosting time trials, but please be considerate as they are volunteers.
- If a marshal position is a no show, all rider numbers will go into a hat and the rider that is chosen to marshal will ride for free at their next Time Trial. If there are no marshals, then there’s no race so please be prepared to help out.
- A very useful Timekeeper re-fresher PDF has been compiled and can be downloaded at the following link: TT_Presentation PDF
- A clear guide on how to use stop watches during the Time Trials can be downloaded at the following link: StopWatch_Instructions
- The Rota can be viewed at the link below. Please contact Toto if you’d like to volunteer for a time trial marshaling/timekeeper duty:
The Marshal & Timekeeper Rota is on a google docs site, and is kept up to date.
Conwy Valley – D16/10, sign-on location
(Bodnant Foods Lower Car Park LL28 5RP):
Llanrwst – D2/14 & D1/22 & Llanrwst Hill Climb, sign-on location:
A55 – D15/10 & D25/9,
2019 Time Trial Results
The time trial results for the 2020 season will be displayed at the link below and kept up-to-date every week.
Time Trial Results Archive
The final time trial results for previous years have been collated by Chris Pritchard. You can download PDFs of the results at the links below: